Thursday, August 30, 2018

French line infantry so far...


I'm a little over half way now towards my initial target of painting up eight line infantry battalions for the French. The latest unit is the one pictured here on the left with six figures per base instead of the usual four or eight. I like this basing better, so I'll probably stick with it for future units. Each base is 35mm wide and 25mm deep, so a slightly narrower frontage per figure compared to the 25x25 and 50x25mm bases. The plan is also to get each battalion up to 24 figures, so a few of the ones shown here need to be topped up.

There's a short video below to show the miniatures more closely. The next battalion is undercoated, but I will probably take a break first and paint some more cavalry or one or two generals.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent mate I've just dug some newline prussians and nassauers out of my lead pile I can't understand why these figures don't seem to be popular yours are outstanding I no AB figures are very popular and I've painted up some brits lovely figures I just found the horses were rather small looking compared to the rider great figures nonetheless

    ReplyDelete