Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Some more French


I knocked out a couple more bases of French line infantry this week. I'm picking my way through the lead pile at the moment, painting up what I have left before I order some reinforcements from Newline Designs.

With these two bases done, it means I now have a total of 5 line infantry units at 36 figures per unit. I'll be adding more units as soon as I can, probably to take me up to 8 in total. It's doubtful I'll have enough units to match the contents of the Prussian expansion set for Commands and Colors any time soon, so once I have my board and the terrain ready I'll probably just be playing scenarios of my own design using what I have available.

Alongside this, I need to add light infantry and cavalry. I'm adding stands here and there at the moment, bringing each unit up to the number of figures I need for each (12 figs for cav).


These three chaps are next in line for painting. It'll take my chasseurs a cheval unit from 9 to 12 figures, and I'll be doing the same for the line lancers. Lots more cavalry will be needed though.

In case you're wondering, I don't use Golden Acrylic paints on my figures - these are just old pots that are very handy for attaching the figures to for painting. They're a comfortable fit in my hand, and hold the blu-tack well.

Meanwhile, I'm still deliberating my choice of surface for the hex board. More on that in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Kevin I need to start some frog's myself but just can't break away fromy brits at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and crisp painting! I really need to get back into the hobby.

    ReplyDelete