Friday, July 12, 2019

The Empress' Dragoons - done!


It took me a few days longer than expected to get this lot finished, but my goodness what a joy it is to see them all finished and based.

These are the Dragoons of the Imperial Guard - or Dragons de la Garde Impériale, to give them their proper (and very splendid) French name. Also known as the Empress' Dragoons, which is much less of a mouthful for us wargamers.


These were hugely enjoyable to paint. Figures are once again by Newline Designs. Lovely uniforms and they will look great on the tabletop I think. I'm really pleased to get this first unit of Imperial Guard cavalry added to my French army, and already looking forward to adding more Guard units, including infantry.


I'm going to focus on a bit of terrain building first, though, so I might not have any more painting additions for another couple of weeks. Still hoping to do a battle report of some sort (French vs Prussians, of course), but I'm still undecided about whether to do this on my hex terrain using Commands & Colors, or on my modular terrain tiles using another set of rules.

Either way, I'll hopefully have some more pics etc soon. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Kevin the french uniforms are the best I've just got some newline austrian infantry which I'll make a start on once I've finished the 28mm hanovarians I'm working on.I've been trawling through your posts of your french army and I really fancy a crack at the newline figures but I'll get the Austrians done first,I've never painted austrians but some of their uniforms are really nice anyway once again Kevin magnifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hxjay. Yes, the French are certainly a delight to paint. I have a small collection of Austrians in 10mm, but it's very tempting to do them in 20mm as well. Like you say, they have some excellent uniforms as well. I also have some British and allied troops in the lead pile, so lots to be getting on with. I need to take a year off work! (if only)

      Delete
    2. 😅I agree kevin I could do with a year off as well if not retirement and paint at my leisure anyway back to the real world where there is never enough hours in the day regards jay

      Delete
  2. Amazing, French Dragoons have a good look but these are a real treat to look at! Love them!

    ReplyDelete