Monday, May 4, 2020

Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Picton - 20mm

With the 44th East Essex more or less done for my 20mm British army, I will stay with the 9th Brigade and paint either the 44th Black Watch or the 92nd Gordon Highlanders next. Before that, though, I'll be jumping back over to the French army to paint up a unit of hussars - the 5th regiment. My French army has a distinct lack of light cavalry at the moment, which needs to be remedied!

First, something a bit less flamboyant...and Napoleonic miniatures probably don't come any less flamboyant than Picton at Waterloo. If only more generals dressed this way. It would make the life of the wargames painter much easier!

I like this sculpt from Newline Designs. It seems to capture Picton's famous temperament very well.

3 comments:

  1. Great work Kev! A friend is working on the Newlind Allied generals currently too, chracterful sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. Yes, there is a good range of generals for the allies. It's nice to take a break from the rank and file to paint some of them. Finishing off some French hussars at the moment - ooft, they take a while! Just saw your post on the Zama game. Absolutely epic! Loved reading about the game. All the best.

      Delete
  2. Napoleonics are intimidating at the best of times but Hussars! Looking forward to seeing your work on them that will be a treat! I'm sure it will tempt me to crack on with my Napoleonics!

    Pleased you enjoyed my Zama report hopefully more to come. Lost Battles gives a good result although the abstract nature takes a bit of getting used too but very satisfying and worth a go. I wouldn't mind trying some of the pricipals for later eras.



    ReplyDelete