Saturday, July 28, 2018

Prussian foot artillery


I painted these Prussian foot artillery units quite a while ago, but only got round to taking a few snaps today. As with the Jaegers in the previous post, I was experimenting at the time with using a much quicker method of painting, using only flat colours and abandoning all highlights with the exception of a wash and highlight on the skin areas. I think a tidy paint job with flat colours can still produce nice looking miniatures for the tabletop, especially at the smaller scales. That said, I still can't resist using highlights on the majority of my miniatures, although I usually limit the colours to just two tones when it comes to 20mm figures.


Unlike the French foot artillery I painted, I decided to put the guns and figures on one base. It's what most other people seem to do, and I think it does look better, so I'll probably go back and rebase my French artillery at some point. I almost always use mdf bases, but these are plastic Renedra bases that I had kicking about, so it was nice to find a use for them, and the size was perfect for what I needed.


I'm making good progress on the French line chasseurs that I mentioned in the last post. I may get these finished this weekend, depending on how much free time I have. Here's a quick 'in progress' pic. I'll post some photos next week once they're all done and based up. Happy painting and wargaming. Bye for now :-) 






No comments:

Post a Comment