Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Some more Prussian landwehr infantry


A hastily taken picture of the latest unit to be added to the Prussian army - some more landwehr. Painted with red facings this time to represent an East Prussian regiment, instead of the Silesian yellow of the last two landwehr units I did (just for the sake of adding some variety).

As always, figures are by Newline Designs. The Prussian landwehr infantry were the very first figures I painted when this project began a few years ago, and I am rather fond of them. They have a slightly chunkier style compared with most of the other Newline naps I've painted, which perhaps makes the job of painting them a touch quicker and easier.

At the time of writing this, I'm planning to just keep working on the Prussian and French collections, but I seem to change my mind about just about everything from one day to the next, so anything I say might not hold true for long!

The lead mountain for the Prussians is suddenly looking not much like a mountain any more, which is why I'm tentatively thinking it makes sense to push on and get it done. It total, still to do:

  • 1 x 24-figure unit of reserve infantry
  • 3 x 24-figure units of regular line infantry
  • 2 x 24-figure units of jägers
  • 12 x dragoons
  • 12 x hussars
  • 1 x horse artillery
  • 1 x foot artillery (howitzer)
  • assorted command figures

In terms of gaming, Commands & Colors is still my main focus, but I'm beginning to think about some sort of modified version of the rules to suit my own style of gaming, as well as something which fits around my own collection of miniatures. This is all in a state of flux at the moment, but I hope to have a firm idea soon. In the meantime, I'll just keep working through the lead pile.

Hope to show more progress soon!




6 comments:

  1. Great job on this landwehr infantry, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely figures again kevin my newline prussians have slowed due to painters block im just starting to get the enthusiasm back regards jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. I hope the painter's block fades. Seems to happen to most of us every now and then. I'm also having a bit of a break from the paint brushes - mainly to focus on my terrain setup, but I think really it's so I can have a rest from painting. The burnout just seems to come is cycles. I usually find it passes - eventually!

      Delete