Friday, December 27, 2019

French dragoons


I finished painting my first unit of dragoons just before Christmas, but with all the festivities I'm only getting round to taking a couple of photos of them today.

Considering how long I've been collecting this French army, this is a long overdue addition, and there will be more to follow at some point soon, along with some other French cavalry I think.

Next year will see me start work on my British Napoleonic army, as well as some Portugese and other allied contingents. I'm not exactly sure when I'll begin this - and it may be on the spur of the moment - but for the time being I would like to press on with the French and Prussians. There's still more to do for both these armies, and it would be good to see them more or less finished before starting a new project.


My dragoons performed well in their first outing on the battlefield yesterday, claiming two victory banners during a replay of Dennewitz 1813 using Commands & Colors (sorry no pics - I did take some with my phone but they're awful). The French won fairly comfortably in the end with a final victory banner count of 7-5 and most of the fighting taking place in the centre and on the Prussian right flank. I'll try to be better organised next time so I have some photos to share of the game.

3 comments:

  1. First class dragoons, congrats from France...and new sub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Phil! Good to hear from you, and thanks for the sub. Cheers, Kevin

      Delete