Thursday, April 30, 2020

10mm Napoleonic Austrians

I've mentioned my collection of 10mm Napoleonics a couple of times in passing, and always meant to share a few pictures on the blog. It's still very much a work in progress, a project I tend to dip in and out of every now and then. The forces (Austrian and French) are almost at a useful size now for small games, but I plan to add lots more as time goes on.

A fellow blogger was asking me about them, so this gave me the much-needed nudge to get finally get the camera out. Here are some photos of the Austrians first of all. It's not all of them, just a sampling of some of the different troop types.

Generals

Cuirassiers

Cuirassiers

Cuirassiers

Dragoons
Hussars

Grenadiers

Jagers

Grenzers

Landwehr

Horse artillery

Foot artillery

Hungarian fusiliers

German fusiliers

German fusiliers

Almost all of the minis are by Pendraken, with just the horse artillery by Magister Militum. I like both ranges, and even though the MM ones are slightly bigger/chunkier, you don't really notice once they're on the table.

For those who are interested, I use 15x20mm bases for my infantry and 20x20mm for cavalry. The buildings in the background are from Total Battle Miniatures' 6mm range (and rather lovely they are too!). I also have a few of their 10mm buildings but haven't got round to painting them all yet.

I'll share some pictures of the French army in another post.



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these. They are fantastic. The period buildings really add to the ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'll post some pics of the French tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous units, most impressive 10mm work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christopher - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get the artillery basing size? I like the look.

    ReplyDelete