Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Roman Auxiliaries

I'm still fairly new to collecting and painting historical miniatures. Most of what I've painted in the past has been for Warhammer and other GW games, and before that I'd buy miniatures to use in games of D&D. I've always been interested in history though - particularly military history - and when I was considering getting back into the hobby I bought some metal Roman Auxiliaries from Warlord Games on a whim. I did a degree in Classical Civilisation at the University of Glasgow, so perhaps that's why I chose ancients to begin with, but at any rate I was rather discouraged by my initial painting efforts and these minis sat unfinished for some time. It was only when I started collecting and gaming again in earnest last year that I had another go at these guys and quickly got them painted up to a finish that I was pleased with.

Since then I've added a unit of legionnaires to my Roman army (photos of that unit to follow), but here are some pics of the auxiliaries for you to enjoy meantime.




(p.s I'm pretty sure the shield transfers I used for these guys are by Little Big Men Studios.)




No comments:

Post a Comment