Monday, June 23, 2014

Work in Progress: Napoleonic Swiss

I have a few different miniatures on the go at the moment. One thing I like to do (unless I have an urgent deadline) is to work on several things at once. Not literally at the same time of course, but I find that being able to work on one project one day, and perhaps a different one the next helps keep me from getting weary of any repetition, especially where large units are concerned. It also means that when I do finish one project, I'm not starting anything from scratch. There will be several other miniatures that are already well under way, so I can quickly begin to look forward to the satisfaction of seeing more painting projects brought to completion.

One project on the go at the moment is a unit of Napoleonic Swiss troops. These are Warlord Games plastics that I had left over from the French line infantry unit I recently finished (see previous post). I've decided to paint them in the colours of the 3rd Swiss Regiment. I have sixteen of these minis to paint, but may decide to make the unit larger, and add a command group.


I took one miniature up to completion (apart from the backpack component) so I could get all the painting decisions made up front before getting to work on all the others. The aim is to have all 16 painted by the end of this week.

More updates to follow, including a look at what other projects are in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment