Saturday, August 30, 2014

Kallistra undead: Skeleton warriors



I made a start to my 10mm undead army this week. Like my barbarians, all the minis I have so far are from Kallistra, and very nice they are too. First up is this unit of skeleton warriors. Excuse the pun, but these were dead easy to paint. I wanted to avoid using bright colours and instead keep the skeletons looking like they have been lying in the ground for a long time. I'd normally undercoat small miniatures in black, but for these guys I used a white undercoat, which I then washed with GW's Nuln Oil. I then drybrushed the bones using a skeleton bone colour. The shields and weapons are all done in muted browns, which I applied using very thinned down paint. This was followed by some more dark brown ink washes, and finally a quick pass with a dry brush of skeleton bone colour. The blue areas you see were done with a wash of GW's Drakenhof Nightshade and white drybrush.

All in all, the unit took less than 2 hours, which is great going for me, since I'm not a very fast painter by any means. I'm hoping my other undead units will be just as quick and easy to paint :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment