Monday, August 11, 2014

Claymore 2014



Real life has been a bit busy these past couple of weeks, so not quite as much time to paint and blog, but I did recently finish this unit of horse riders for my 10/12mm barbarian army. I decided to base them with the short edge forwards so that I could also use them more easily for Warmaster if and when I get round to using it.

My hobby highlight of the past fortnight was definitely the trip to Claymore last weekend. I came away with my wallet scarily lighter and my backpack a lot heavier, but more importantly my enthusiasm for all things wargaming and miniature painting was well and truly stoked up. Amongst the various traders whose stands I visited, was Kallistra, where I bought some more of their Hordes & Heroes barbarians, as well as some skeletons for the new army I plan to start soon. I also picked up a couple of boxes of their Hexon terrain, which I really like, and will blog more about in future posts.

I'll show some of the rest of my lead haul from Claymore later, but for now here are a couple more pics of my barbarians for you to enjoy. I've been a bit inconsisten with my choice of basing materials for these, but hopefully the whole army will still visually hang together reasonably well.



No comments:

Post a Comment