Saturday, November 3, 2018

Fench army video update

I managed to finish off the video this morning, showing the tabletop muster I did the other day for the French army. Hope you enjoy...


So what's left to paint? Well, there are plenty of units I'd like to add, but in terms of what's actually in the lead pile, it's looking like this:

  • 4 x horse artillery and crew
  • 18 x empress dragoons
  • 9 x chasseurs a cheval
  • 9 x line lancers
  • 24 x line infantry
  • 24 x middle guard infantry
  • A few generals and line colonels

I'll probably add the horse artillery next, followed by the empress dragoons. If I'm going to expand the army proportionally I'll need to paint up more infantry units, but for the sake of variety I might add some French allies. I'm thinking maybe Bavarians, Wurrtembergers or Polish (all of which Newline has ranges for). Or I might choose to paint up some French line infantry as Swiss allies, which I believe used the same uniform. Decisions, decisions...

I finished basing my first unit of Prussian dragoons this morning, so I'll post some pictures of those next.

No comments:

Post a Comment