Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Old lead...fresh paint


One of my favourite games from years ago was Games Workshop's 2nd edition Space Marine (aka 'Epic'). I had (and still have) a sizeable force of Ultramarines (bolstered with some Imperial Guard tanks) which would go up against my brother's Chaos army, and we had some absolutely storming games! I never actually managed to beat him, but the games were mostly very close fought affairs, and usually went down to the final turn to be decided. I loved the tactical nature of Space Marine, which seemed more rewarding than Warhammer Fantasy Battle in that sense. It was also refreshing to be able to collect a large army for not too much coinage, and be able to paint it quite quickly.

I recently dusted down my Epic figs - both my own and my brother's - and had an enjoyable couple of games again (albeit only solo ones). My brother had a small number of miniatures that he never got round to painting, including this Nurgle Greater Demon. Since I'm custodian of his figs these days, I couldn't resist the temptation of giving life to this great miniature and painting him up. I hope my brother doesn't mind!!! Next up is Mortarion, the Prince of Decay. Watch this space... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment