Saturday, March 25, 2023

Prussian limbers


Too long since the last post (again...) but here's something I realised I hadn't yet posted any photos of - the first of some limbers for the 20mm Naps collection, in this case for the Prussians.

The set from Newline Designs actually comes with 6 horses and 3 riders, but in order to keep the footprint of the base down I decided to just use 2 riders.


Limbers never felt like a priority when I was building up the armies, but I've definitely got enough of a core collection now to afford the time to spend on the 'nice to haves' like limbers. I'll eventually add 2 or 3 limbers each for the French and Prussians. A fairly simple paint job, but definitely looks a lot better on the tabletop than using guns turned the wrong way round.


I decided against adding any traces etc to the model. What the eye doesn't see the imagination makes up for!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely … as always and a good idea to drop to a four horse team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm - yes, a good approach to take for any scale I think, for those of us with modest sized tables anyway.

      Delete
  2. Very nice and the 4-horse team looks just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, feels about right. I decided to paint up a spare cannon as well, which hooks on the back nicely when needed.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work there and I too have moved towards limbers for my games, but due to space, only have two horses per limber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steve. They do feel like a low priority luxury, but definitely nice to have once you get round to doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These limbers create a nice mini diorama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be able to use the bigger tufts now and again!

      Delete