Saturday, April 8, 2023

KGL 1st Light Dragoons

 


I managed to get the first of the light cavalry units finished off this week for my Anglo-allied army. These are British light dragoon figures from Newline Designs painted as the KGL 1st regiment.


I have one other pack of these in the lead pile at the moment, and it's tempting to paint them as the KGL 2nd regiment since both units saw action during the 100 Days campaign, but I may go with one of their British counterparts instead and add the other KGL unit at a later date.


Next up will be one or two artillery bases I think. That should give me enough to give the British their first proper run out on the table with a small game.



10 comments:

  1. They are just lovely. Are you favouring any rules at the moment for when you get these o the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm, I think the first game with them will likely be another outing with the Neil Thomas rules using 8 units per side. Once I have more done I'll think about a Shadow of the Eagles game. Those are the two rulesets I've had the most enjoyment with lately, although I'm always interested in trying out others.

      Delete
  2. Those look really, really nice to say the least! Looking forward to seeing them in action as and when time allows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve. These were really enjoyable to paint. We'll see how they get on in the field!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Cpt - the Newline sculpts are first class. Just the right amount of detail at this size for my liking.

      Delete
  4. More stunning paint work! Beautiful unit, keep it up Kev!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tony. These were a real pleasure to paint.

      Delete
  5. Lovely models Kevin

    ReplyDelete