Monday, September 26, 2016

20mm French - some more progress




Work on my 20mm French army continues at a good pace. Last week I finished off a second battalion of line infantry, with just a flag still to add and the bases to be tarted up a bit at some point. I also took a break from doing line troops and painted up the first general. I only have one of these at the moment, but will certainly be adding further command figures in due course. I'm quite happy with how he commander turned out. I tried to paint the gold fabric areas of his uniform using flat colours, which I think looks a bit more realistic than using metallic paint (or at least it should do once I get better at it!)

Currently on the paint bench is the first of what will be two battalions of light infantry and a battery of four guns. Once they're done, that will be the entire starter army done, but I already have more minis on order from Newline, so the lead pile will be replenished very shortly.

Along with more French, the Prussian are coming! I'm looking forward to starting them once the French lights and artillery are done. I already have one unit of Prussian landwehr painted, which I bought a while back when I was first thinking about doing 20mm Napoleonics, so I'll show a picture of that unit in a future post.



No comments:

Post a Comment