Friday, September 9, 2016

French Cuirassier - 20mm

20mm French Cuirassier from Newline Designs.

Comparison with 28mm Cuirassier from Foundry

It feels a bit embarrassing coming back to a blog after such a long time since posting anything. It was supposed to be a hobby diary, which hopefully might have some content that would be of interest to others, but for some reason I lost focus. A loss of focus sounds better than just admitting I got lazy - which is probably the truth of it.

Anyway, rather than waste words trying to explain my feeble attempts at blogging thus far, I'll just get back to actually doing it again.

First up, I thought I'd show a couple of pictures of something I painted yesterday: a 20mm French Cuirassier from Newline Designs. I have another 8 of these guys to paint, which I'll do in one batch.

You don't find very many photos in the community of Newline's Napoleonic figures, which is a shame because they really are rather nice in my opinion, and their range is massive. I bought one of Newline's French army packs, and the plan is to paint up some Prussians for them to go up against. I'll post some photos next time of the infantry I've done so far for both armies.

I really like the 20mm scale. Compared to 28mm you can get a lot more on the tabletop for bigger battles, but they're still big enough for the uniforms and details to be appreciated from a distance. This French Cuirassier wasn't too fiddly to paint, so I'll how the rest of the army goes.

I pretty much like all wargaming figure scales, and for Napoleonics I have projects on the go for 6mm, 10mm, 20mm and 28mm. As always, though, the downside to having so many projects on the go is it takes ages to get any single one finished. I have this idea that one day they'll all be finished at the same time and I'll suddenly be in wargaming heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment